Exhibiting Terms and Conditions
ArtSpace Wonthaggi is a community run not-for-profit organisation dependent on the support in time of exhibitors, art collectors, artists and art supporters, and the financial and in kind support of our sponsors, for all aspects of our operation.
For this reason we charge a discounted 20% commission where the exhibitor commits to staffing the gallery for at least 3×3 hour shifts per 4-week exhibition. Of course many find they enjoy the friendly experience and go on to be regular weekly, or fortnightly ArtSpace Volunteers.
In addition new exhibitors are asked to attend a one-off training shift of 3 hours for orientation.
30% commission is charged for Artists unable to commit to helping staff the gallery as per above.
Exhibitors are encouraged to replace sold work as soon as possible with other work deemed appropriate by the curatorial team. If the exhibitor does not wish to take up this opportunity replacement will be made with a work of curatorial selection.
Exhibitors are advised to make their own insurance arrangements for their work. While exercising all reasonable care ArtSpace Wonthaggi, it’s Committee of Management and its volunteers will not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to works.
It is a condition of exhibition that Exhibitors warrant that the work submitted for exhibition is original work by the applicant. Reproductions can only be accepted if they are from photos of which the artist owns copyright, that is, the artist’s own photographs.
Exhibitors agree to make the digital images included with their application to the ArtSpace available for marketing and promotional purposes (with appropriate attribution).
ArtSpace Wonthaggi will ensure that the gallery:
- Is supervised when open to the public;
- Is marketed through a variety of outlets including the ArtSpace website, social media profiles, newsletters and email networks in addition to a listing in Art Almanac for Major Exhibitions;
- Is covered by appropriate Public Liability insurance; and
- Pays sales to artists less commissions in a timely manner.
As determined by the ArtSpace Committee of Management the following will not be accepted for exhibition. Works that:
- Are deemed unsafe, dangerous or potentially threaten public health and safety, and works that are not ready to hang with wire and D rings;
- That may damage ArtSpace buildings;
- That are of an explicit sexual or racist nature or otherwise demeaning of the subject or viewer; or
- Photographs printed on canvas.
The decision as to which artworks will be accepted for exhibition is final. On the rare occasions where submitted work is deemed not appropriate artists are encouraged to submit other works which may be more consistent with ArtSpace vision.
Artworks cannot be hung unless:
- Hanging fees are paid five (5) days before the hanging date;
- Artworks are delivered to the gallery by the Monday before the hanging date.
If you have any questions about making an application please contact the curatorial team: email@example.com